ICED17 The 21st International Conference on Engineering Design, 21-25th August 2017
The 21st International Conference on Engineering Design ICED17
to be held August 21-25, 2017, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Theme: Resource-Sensitive Design
Paper submission deadline: December 19, 2016
For full details go to: http://iced17.org.
The forthcoming International Conference on Engineering Design, ICED17, will continue to be a great forum where the design community comes together to share insights, discover new ideas, create new design ventures, and form friendships. We invite high-quality submissions for ICED17, covering substantial, original and previously unpublished research. We are looking forward to include applied, theoretical, and results-oriented papers from both academia and industry into the conference programme, based on thorough analysis or argumentation. Submissions should fit into one of the proposed conference topics and/or conference theme. Submission instructions will be available from July 1, 2016 on the ICED17 conference web portal: http://iced17.org.
We invite you to rally around the theme of “Resource-Sensitive Design”, which encompasses three main areas. The first is “Design to advance resource-limited societies”, or how to design products that succeed given limited infrastructure, uncertain supply chains and cultural factors that impact product introduction. Second, “Design to protect critical resources”: how do limits on critical natural resources such as oil, gas, water, and forestry define how products are designed and fabricated? And third, “Design to embrace resource limitations”, or, how can all of us learn to design with a minimalistic approach: elegant, functional design through simplicity.
- DESIGN PROCESSES
- DESIGN ORGANISATION AND MANAGEMENT
- DESIGN RESEARCH APPLICATIONS AND CASE STUDIES
- PRODUCT, SERVICE AND SYSTEMS DESIGN
- DESIGN METHODS AND TOOLS
- DESIGN FOR X, DESIGN TO X
- DESIGN INFORMATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- DESIGN THEORY AND RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- HUMAN BEHAVIOUR IN DESIGN
- DESIGN EDUCATION AND TEACHING
- Online submission will open on August 1, 2016.
- Full paper submission deadline: December 19, 2016
- Notification of full paper acceptance: March 15, 2017
- Registration opens: March 15, 2017
- Submission of camera-ready papers: April 24, 2017
- Author registration deadline: May 10, 2017
Further information is available on the ICED17 web site: http://iced17.org
- Anja Maier, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Josef Oehmen, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Harrison Kim, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, US
- Michael Kokkolaras, McGill University, Canada
- Stanko Škec, University of Zagreb, Croatia
The Design Society
Mike Van der Loos, University of British Columbia, Conference Chair
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Applied Science
2054-6250 Applied Science Lane
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4 CANADA
- Mike Van der Loos, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Antony Hodgson, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Filippo Salustri, Ryerson University, Canada
- Kamran Behdinan, Ryerson University, Canada
- Agnes d’Entremont, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Tamara Etmannski, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Georges Fadel, Clemson University, US
- Chris McKesson, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Florin Gheorghe, Arbutus Medical, Inc., Canada
- Oscar Nespoli, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Peter Ostafichuk, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Sonia Serrambana, University of British Columbia, Canada
Organising Secretariat Address:
5961 Student Union Blvd.
V6T 2C9 Canada
Tel: +1 604-822-1050
Fax: +1 604-822-1069
Faculty of Applied Science, Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of British Columbia, Canada
Conference tool: https://www.conftool.com/iced17/
Logged-in members can browse keynotes and photos from the event in the following...