Product Service Systems (PSS) Design Course
Start Date: 20th April 2022
Deadline for Registration: 19th April 2022
University: Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
For the PSS course plan and more information please visit our webpage.
This course in targeted towards PhD students and aims to give an overview of Product-Service System (PSS), i.e. a production with focus on servitization where value is created through a shift from selling the product to selling total customer solutions. PSS are appealing both from an economic and societal perspective, mainly as a means to better fulfil customer demands, improve sales, be competitive in dynamic markets and meet sustainability targets.
The course will, if possible, have two physical meetings. Else only ONLINE due to the current situation.
The course aims to give an overview of the current strategies, methods and tools related to the design and implementation of Product-Service Systems in industry, as well as to highlight current and future areas of research in the PSS field.
- Product-Service Systems: drivers and key definitions.
- PSS implementations in industry.
- Knowledge sharing for PSS design.
- PSS Research Methodology.
- PSS modelling and simulation.
- PSS as an innovation model.
- PSS for resource-limited societies.
- PSS and circular economy.
- Digital technologies for PSS.
The course intention is to organise two physical meetings to kick-off and conclude the course, together with eight online lectures with possibility to attend physically for the doctoral students located at Blekinge Institute of Technology.
A successful completion of this course will be judged on the successful submission and approval of the following assignments:
- Approved write-up, and oral presentation of chosen literature.
- Approved application report (case study) including oral presentation.
- Approved reflection report.
- Approved opposition on another group presentation.