2021 IEEE Technology & Engineering Management Conference – Europe
University of Dubrovnik, Croatia
17th -21st May 2021
Innovation has become one of the most important activities in firms. The higher level of internal, external clusters, and networks empower innovation to enlarge the knowledge base, which would induce firms to apply it on a global level. With advancements in information technologies the need arises to redefine our understanding of what constitutes innovation networks. The advancements in the field of artificial intelligence enable entrepreneurs to differentiate themselves from rivals in previously unprecedented ways and to harness the benefits of innovation networks through novel channels. This helps in formulating causal linkages between Innovation Networks, Entrepreneurship, Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence.
- Paper Submissions Due: 31 January 2021
- Notification of Acceptance: 10 March 2021
- Revisions Due (For Papers Requiring Revisions): 10 Apr 2020
- Final Papers Due: 16 April 2021
- Per-Paper author registration due: 30 April 2021 (there will be a $250 per-paper penalty for payments received after this date) ·
Topic areas include but are not limited to:
– Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
– Business Models in New Technologies
– Technology Advancements in Artificial Intelligence
– Technology Forecasting
– Legal, Ethics, and Social frameworks
– Technology Management
– Technology in Society
– New opportunities using technology and global networks
– Open innovation practices &disruptive innovation
– Networks and HRM Application of Industry 4.0 Digital transformation
– Network artificial intelligence, machine learning and reasoning
– Managing Globalization Challenges
– Integrated Frameworks New Business Venturing
– IT in education Education for STEM
– Knowledge Management
– People and organizations Human Factors for Design
We invite contributions from engineering leaders, researchers, educators, innovators, entrepreneurs, and students to help advance the understanding and the state of practice related to successful technology and engineering management. Contributions may take the form of academic research or practice-focused papers.
Research papers may be conceptual, empirical, or theoretical, but they must discuss how the results could be applied in practice. Practice-focused papers may consist of case studies, description of best practices, or application experiences, but they should also shed light on new challenges and unresolved future issues, which could be addressed by the research community. We thus provide a venue where different points of view interact to yield a new understanding and new ideas on leading innovation processes as well as the future of technology and engineering management.
Acceptance of papers for presentation at TEMSCON 2021 will be based on a full paper review (not an abstract review). Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
Selected papers will have the opportunity to be published in an issue of our flagship journals. This would include research articles suitable for our journal IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management (IEEE TEM) and practical and case study articles suitable for our journal of practice, the IEEE Engineering Management Review (IEEE EMR). All papers would have to be suitably expanded beyond the conference paper for IEEE TEM. IEEE EMR submissions would need to be edited, targeted and formatted for one of three types of papers published by IEEE EMR. Each paper will be subject to the corresponding journal’s rigorous peer review process.
HOW TO REGISTER AND SUBMIT PAPER
There is a two-tiered pricing structure to publish at and attend TEMSCON 2021. All attendees must pay the conference registration fee, which is based on the person’s IEEE membership level. In addition, there is a publication fee for each paper, with the cost depending on whether the author is seeking to be published in IEEE Xplore or seeking to be published in the IEEE Open Access Journal[BM2] . Find more information on the registration process on https://temscon.org/manuscript-submission/
The conference will take place in a historical city of Dubrovnik, often referred to as the Pearl of Adriatic. Sessions will be arranged in premises of the University of Dubrovnik, Department of Economics and Business, Lapadskaobala Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Participants have the option of accommodation in newly built student dormitory of University of Dubrovnik located conveniently in the vicinity of event location and within walking distance of the historical and world–renowned Old City of Dubrovnik.
- General chairs: Marina Dabić, Sudeendra Koushik
- Technical program chairs: Tugrul Daim and Richard Evans
- Finance chair: William Marschall
- Local arrangements chairs: Nebojša Stojčić, Jurica Pavičić, Nina Begičević Ređep
- Industry program chairs: Vincenzo Piuri, Robert Bierwolf
- Publicity chairs: George Criscione, Vishwas Jois Ravikiran, A.
- Publications chair: Ed Perkins