Department of Design Manufacture and Engineering Management
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Workshop: 11th September 2019
Conference: 12th-13th September 2019
Submission of abstracts: 19th November 2018
The 21st International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education will be hosted by the Department of Design, Manufacturing and Engineering Management. University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom. The conference is organised in partnership with the Design Education Special Interest Group (DESIG) of the Design Society and the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED).
The E&PDE conference will bring together representatives from education and industry who have an interest in sharing new perspectives on design education. The conference will provide a forum for educators, practitioners and students from product development, engineering and industrial design, together with industry to discuss current educational issues and the nature of design education now and in the future.
Hosting the 21st E&PDE conference at the University of Strathclyde in 2019 will mark a significant milestone and anniversary in the conference’s history by returning to where it was conceived twenty years prior. It will give the community an opportunity to reflect on the advances that have been made in Engineering and Product Design Education and to project forward to what the next twenty years will offer.
This year’s conference theme ‘Towards a New Innovation Landscape‘ aims to explore how educators will tackle changing engineering and design practices in the coming years in line with the demands of students and industry. This sentiment comes from a need to share knowledge and experiences to research trends in engineering and design education and discuss how barriers might be overcome.
The conference aims to:
- Provide a platform to enable a broad variety of participants to discuss the changing innovation landscape.
- Seek solutions to open new horizons to achieve a new innovation landscape.
- Relate the larger discussion on Innovation towards the many levels of education.
These aims will be addressed through the following conference topics related to engineering and product design education:
- Innovation in engineering and product design practice
- The changing innovation landscape in engineering and product design education
- Industrial involvement in engineering and product design education
- Creativity in engineering and product design education
- Ethics and social issues in engineering and product design education
- Assessment methods in engineering and product design education
- New engineering and product design paradigms
- Cultural practice in engineering and product design education
- Engineering and product design for the general public
Submission of Abstracts
- Submission of abstracts (Max 500 words) – 19th November 2018
- Notification of accepted abstracts – 21st December 2018
Submission of Full Paper
- Submission of full papers – 4th March 2019
- Notification of accepted papers – 22nd April 2019
- Deadline for submission of final paper and paper summary for publication – 20th May 2019
- Deadline for author early bird registration – 20th May 2019
- Deadline for non-author early bird registration – 29th July 2019
- General registration out with these dates.
- Pre-conference workshop day, tours and reception – 11th September 2019
- Conference – 12th-13th September 2019
More info: https://epde.info/epde2019/