ICED23: The 24th International Conference on Engineering Design
University of Bordeaux, France
24 - 28 July 2023
Design in a complex world
The ICED23 Call for Papers can be found here. The submission deadline for papers is 30 November 2022.
Design and engineering are fundamental activities that interact in shaping the world in which we live. Nowadays, we can see a world full of promising technologies, a hyper-connected world in which information is paramount. However, the environmental impact of these technologies is a great societal concern. Sustainability is becoming a central issue for future generations. Design must therefore surely reinvent itself by embracing the broader issues of designing complex systems in a complex socio-technical environment with limited resources. In this regard, the ICED conference is a unique forum to discuss the academic, educational and industrial issues and the needed changes.
The conference will be organized around plenary, podium, and discussion sessions. Academic and industrial experts will deliver high-level keynotes. The General Meeting of the Design Society, the Special Interest Group Day and Young Members’ event will offer great opportunities to share and discuss ideas. An Industrial Day will allow a deep dive into developments and innovations for sustainability and for discovering key technical focus of nearby companies. Finally, social events will give an opportunity to appreciate Bordeaux wine and French gastronomy.
We look forward to welcoming you at ICED23!
In preparation for ICED23, the Organizing and Program Committee met at ENSAM in Paris from 23 - 25 January 2023. Together they reviewed the contributions and planned the sessions. The Institut für Produktentwicklung und Konstruktionstechnik (PKT) supported the meetings with the diligent cooperation of Dieter Krause, Lukas Schwan and Jan Küchenhof. The full details and pictures of this event can be found here - ICED23 Conference Planning Event
- Denis TEISSANDIER, Conference Chair, University of Bordeaux
- Nicolas PERRY, Conference Chair, Arts et Métiers Institute of Technology, Bordeaux
- Jean-François BOUJUT, Grenoble INP - UGA
- Julie LE CARDINAL, CentraleSupélec, Université Paris-Saclay
- Pascal LE MASSON, Mines Paris - PSL
- Jérémy LEGARDEUR, ESTIA Institute of Technology, Bidart
- Christophe MERLO, ESTIA Institute of Technology, Bidart
- Kristin PAETZOLD, Technische Universität Dresden
- Vincent ROBIN, University of Bordeaux
- Bernard YANNOU, CentraleSupélec, Université Paris-Saclay
- Marc ZOLGHADRI, ISAE-Supméca, Paris
- Kevin OTTO, Program Committee Chair, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Claudia ECKERT, The Open University, United Kingdom
- Boris EISENBART, Swinburne University, Australia
- Benoit EYNARD, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
- Dieter KRAUSE, Technische Universität Hamburg, Germany
- Josef OEHMEN, Danmarks Tekniske Universitet, Denmark
- Nadège TROUSSIER, Université de Technologie de Troyes, France
The University of Bordeaux on the downtown campus (Place de la Victoire).
3ter place de la Victoire, 33 000 Bordeaux