19th International Conference on Engineering & Product Design Education (E&PDE 2017)
Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, Norway
7-8 September 2017
The 19th International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education will be hosted by HiOA from Oslo (www.hioa.no). The conference is organised in partnership with the Design Education Special Interest Group (DESIG) of the Design Society, and the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED, www.institution-engineering-designers.org.uk) .
The E&PDE conference will bring together representatives from education and industry who have an interest in sharing new perspectives on design education. The conference will provide a forum for educators, practitioners and students from product development, engineering and industrial design, together with industry to discuss current educational issues and the nature of design education now and in the future.
This year’s conference theme Building Community: Design Education for a Sustainable Future stresses the importance of design education in building future societies. Here, community building goes beyond the local level to the society as a whole. The conference aims to:
- Provide a platform for a broad variety of participants
- Explore how managing different perspectives on community can help students and scholars to develop projects in a larger and more complex context
- Seek new perspectives on what “building community” means and involves
- Seek aesthetic engagement with game dynamics in product design
- Explore the broadening of the design profession on health and service design.
- Explore how engineering and product design education contributes to a balanced development of technological opportunities and the needs of people in the future
These aims will be addressed through the following conference topics related to the Engineering and Product Design Education:
- Design education in practice
- Collaboration in industrial involvement in design education
- Creativity and innovation in design education
- Ethics and social issues in design education
- Assessment methods in design education
- New design education paradigms
- Student papers related to design education
- Universal design in education
- Aesthetics and cultural practice in design education
- Design education for the general public
In keeping with the inclusive ethos of the E&PDE conference and to broaden the opportunities to link design and business with creativity and innovation, other stream proposals are welcomed. We invite you to send your ideas for other relevant topics to email@example.com.
More information: epde.info/epde2017