Why Join the Design Society?
Who are Design Society members?
The Design Society is a community dedicated to design and the study of design. By joining you become part of the community.
Membership is open to people with recognised qualifications and/or experience in the fields of design research, design practice, design management, and design education.
Access to Knowledge
- Access to more than 9000 research papers and more than 200 PhD theses
- Monthly e-newsletter providing regular news on the activities of the Society and the Design community
- Reduced personal subscriptions to DS endorsed design journals
Belong to a vibrant worldwide community that cares about design
- Enjoy member discounts at our International biennial flagship event – ICED.
- Enjoy member discounts at DS co-owned and endorsed events such as Design, DSM, ICorD, E&PDE, ICDC, JCM.
- Discounts on Summer Schools and Workshops
- Interact with peers, junior and senior design researchers and practitioners
- Access to online member directory - list of members and contact details
- Opportunity to shape the future of the Society. The Society is democratic and open to all disciplines; any member can become involved and contribute
- Join a Special Interest Group and/or Regional Chapters
Develop your Career
- $1000 reduction in Article Publishing Charge for DS members in the DS flagship journal, the Design Science Journal
- Highly reduced Article Publishing Charge (APC) for DS members in the Journal of Engineering Design, Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design and CoDesign
- Free job advertisements on our website and newsletter for DS members, saving you £110 per job advert
- Attend doctoral symposiums and other young member events
- A Member is entitled to append to their name the initial letters indicating their membership as follows:
- Honorary Fellow and Fellow F.D.S
- Member M.D.S
- Associate Member A.M.D.S