Regulations regarding membership
- In pursuing its objectives the Society shall observe the basic policy of non-discrimination.
- Membership will be without regard to race, religion, political philosophy, ethnic origin, citizenship, language or gender.
- Procedures to become an Associate Member, a Member, a Fellow or an Honorary Fellow will be defined and announced by the Board of Management.
- Associate Membership, for new members joining from 2010, is restricted to 5 years.
- An individual who has fully paid the designated membership subscription for a year is considered a member during that year.
- The membership year runs form 1st July – 30th June annually.
- Please remember that membership is personal and not transferable to other colleagues or students
Your membership application/renewal of membership will normally take two working days to process. If for any reason you wish to cancel you application then you must do so within 7 days of the payment transaction by emailing membership at designsociety dot org. A full refund will be made to your card account. If for any reason your application is declined then a full refund will be made to your card account within 7 working days of the decision.
Membership normally runs from 1st July to 30th June but it is possible to join the Society at any time of year – please email membership at designsociety dot org with any queries.
Terms and Conditions
By applying for membership you agree that the Design Society verify the data contained in your application; may use your personal data for the purposes of running and administering the Society; maintaining and updating the Society's membership list; and contacting you in relation to the Society's activities. The Design Society does not make Members' data including email addresses available for external commercial or any other purposes.
Cancelling your membership
You may cancel your membership at any time during the year by contacting the membership administration (membership at designsociety dot org). Your membership will lapse at the end of the payment period. Refunds for part of the year are not given.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of the Design Society’s activities please write to president at designsociety dot org. The Society will respond within 7 working days.
All members must adhere to the code of professional conduct.