Books & Proceedings
DS 75-8: Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED13), Design for Harmonies, Vol.8: Design Education, Seoul, Korea, 19-22.08.2013
Editor: Lindemann,U.; Venkataraman, S.; Kim, YS.; Lee, SW;Ion,W; Malmqvist, J
ISSN: ISSN 2220-4342
Front matter: Download
The ICED series of conferences is the Design Society's "flagship" event. ICED13 took place on August 19-22, 2013, at the campus of Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Korea.
The Proceedings of the conference are published in 9 individual volumes, arranged according to topics.
Vol. 8 covers the area of Design Education.
All volumes of the Proceedings may be purchased individually through Amazon and other on-line booksellers.
For members of the Design Society, all papers are available on this website.
In addition, the complete Programme and Abstract Book is publicly available for download.
Member price: 0.00 GBP (Join Now)
Full price: 60.00 GBP
Table of Contents
- A training strategy for managing distributed conceptual design work
- Wodehouse, Andrew J. (1); Farrugia, Philip J. (2); Grierson, Hilary J. (1); Borg, Jonathan C. (2) (001-010)
- Tutorial sustainable innovations - An innovative role-play concept for education
- Rath, Karola (1); Birkhofer, Herbert (2); Kloberdanz, Hermann (3); Hanusch, Dirk (4) (011-020)
- The development of a Lego Mindstorms-based curriculum for design and ergonomics students
- Garrett, David W.; Underwood, Peter J.; Jun, Gyuchan Thomas (021-028)
- People, place, process: Lessons learnt on the path to a d.school
- Hillen, Véronique B (1); Levy, Pierre (2) (029-038)
- Walk the talk. or: a design driven approach to design design education
- Valkenburg, Rianne C.; Sluijs, Janneke (039-048)
- A comparative study between design students and professionals to understand the effectiveness of ergonomics education in industrial design courses in Turkey
- Eroğlu, Ilgım; Özcan, Kerem; Çifter, Abdüsselam Selami (049-056)
- Product-Service systems design education and a new interdisciplinary service design graduate program
- Kim, Yong Se; Lee, Sang Won; Lee, Seong Il; Kim, Kee-Ok; Kim, Myoun; Won, Jong Hoon (057-066)
- Interactive fundamentals for graphic design
- Cordova, Viviana (067-076)
- Enhancing the concept generation capability of novice engineering designers
- Leary, Martin John (1); Burvill, Colin (2); Field, Bruce (3) (077-084)
- Discursive constructions of design and implications for engineering education
- Premer Petersen, Rikke (085-094)
- Innovative teaching approach for the design process of mechanical products
- Varret, Antoine; Mahdjoub, Morad (095-104)
- Concept development for innovative products - A challenge for engineering design education
- Luft, Thomas; Schleich, Benjamin; Wartzack, Sandro (105-114)
- Enriching requirement-activities in design through french-US instruction comparison
- Prudhomme, Guy (2); Pourroy, Franck (2); Summers, Joshua David (1) (115-124)
- Tracking productivity patterns in an engineering design project
- Berglund, Anders; Blackne, Johannes; Jansson, Niklas (125-134)
- Reflections on the challenge of developing professional engineering designers and engineering design technologists â A New Zealand perspective
- Robotham, Antony John; Raine, John Kenneth; Nates, Roy Jonathan; White, David Edward (135-144)
ICED13: 19th International Conference on Engineering Design
The 19th International Conference on Engineering Deisgn (ICED13) will for the first time take place in Asia: ICED13 on 19-22 August 2013 at Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Korea The ICED13 motto is: "Design for Harmonies" - Harmony of Products and Services - Harmony of Old and New - Harmony of Culture and Technology - Harmony of East and West The conference chair is Prof. Yong Se Kim of the Creative Design Institute at Sungkyunkwan University. Important dates are: Call for Papers:...