Doctoral position available on the subject of "Computational Design"
Technical University of Munich
Location: Munich-Garching, Germany
Application Closing Date: 10 June 2023
Application Requirement: Fluent German language skills or the convincingly demonstrated willingness to acquire it
Computational Design (PhD)
The chair for product development and lightweight construction deals with the development and optimization of complex technical systems. Based on technical problems, we develop methods, tools and solutions, optimized in terms of functionality, weight and costs. We are looking for scientific employees (m/f/d) for research and teaching in several areas.
Range of Topics
New products for which little or no experience is available can be efficiently developed using simulation models and numerical optimization methods. For a systematic development of technical solutions, simple models (physically motivated or trained via data) or extensive finite element models (with existing modeling methods) are developed and generative processes or numerical optimization are made accessible. Depending on the application, the following are relevant: strength theory, vibration theory, fluid mechanics, rigid body simulation, control engineering or thermomechanics. Possible applications are e.g. B. Components under extreme thermo-mechanical stress or controlled lightweight structures in satellite technology or robotics.
- Processing of chair projects
- Further development of design methods and tools
- Development of new products
- Support for the operation of the chair, courses, supervision of students
Requirements (please explain suitability in the cover letter)
- Master's degree in engineering
- Good and broad basic knowledge of technical mechanics
- Experience with numerical modeling (eg FEM) and optimization
- Passion for problem solving
- Knowledge of German language or the convincingly demonstrated willingness to acquire it
- Versatile innovation topics, interdisciplinary team
- Opportunity for a PhD
- Stay abroad
- Full position as a scientific employee (m/f/d) with classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L)
Please apply in German or in English (one pdf file, reference CompDes) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications until June 10th, 2023 will be considered. Please visit our website to find out about possible extensions of deadlines.
Data protection notice: You are submitting personal information with your application to the Technical University of Munich (TUM). In this regard, please note the data protection information in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the collection and processing of personal data as part of your application (http://go.tum.de/554159). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of the TUM's data protection information mentioned above.