The initiatives, themes, issues and questions addressed by the Design Society are discussed and disseminated through the Design Society's conferences and workshops, along with their associated publications. There really is something for everyone! The Design Society prides itself on the quality of its events. DS events deliver insight into the hot topics relevant for engineers, academics and design practitioners. Presenting first-class researchers and design practitioners from all over the globe - design conferences, workshops or SIG events guarantee knowledge sharing, challenge and inspiration.
Want to know more about how the Design Society can support your event? Visit: Events and Publication Policy
Regular Design Society Events include:
- Series of International Conferences of Engineering Design (ICED), bi-ennial in uneven years, usually mid-August
- Series of Engineering and Product Design Education Conferences (E&PDE), annual event, September
- Series of International Conference on Design Creativity (ICDC), bi-ennial in even year
In addition, members of the Design Society organise conferences and workshops closely connected with and endorsed by the Design Society. For example:
- Series of DESIGN conferences in Dubrovnik/Croatia, bi-ennial in even years, usually mid-May
- Series of NordDesign Workshops, bi-ennial in even years, usually August
- Series of International DSM (Design Structure Matrix) Conferences
- Series of Symposia on Design for X, Germany
- Series of International Conference on Research into Design (ICoRD)
The Design Society also endorses various summer schools run by our members. These include:
- Summer School on Engineering Design Research (SSEDR)
- Summer School on Integrated Product Development (ipdISS)
For a full list of all upcoming DS events please see here.
Also take a look at the Events Calendar.