Strathclyde Chancellor's Fellow in Digital Manufacturing
The University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be innovative and collaborative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is innovative and groundbreaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
The unique multidisciplinary Department of Design Manufacturing and Engineering Management (DMEM) brings together expertise aligned with product and system development, including expertise in creative design, engineering design, manufacturing and engineering operations management. DMEM includes the Advanced Forming Research Centre, part of the UK’s High Value Manufacturing Catapult, and the National Manufacturing Institute Scotland. We work closely with industry and business in all aspects of research, teaching and knowledge exchange to support the delivery of high value manufacturing capability and skills.
DMEM has a strong, vibrant team of academics working across the broad field of manufacturing with a growing emphasis on Digital Manufacturing and Industry 4.0. We wish to grow our digital manufacturing capability through recruiting visionary academics that have a research focus aligned with:
• Digital manufacturing processes
• Manufacturing robotics and autonomous systems
• Manufacturing Systems Integration
• Precision manufacturing
• Engineering Design and Manufacturing Integration
• Smart Engineering Operations
• Sustainable manufacturing
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme, we will recruit up to 40 outstanding academic colleagues – including Strathclyde Chancellor’s Fellows - in areas of strategic importance.
The department for this vacancy is Design, Manufacturing and Engineering Management.
More information on the Strathclyde Global Talent Programme including application requirements can be found at (www.strath.ac.uk/workwithus/strathclydeglobaltalentprogramme/) and for any enquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In keeping with our commitment to equality and diversity, we encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly those who can support our Athena SWAN activity, which inspires the advancement and representation of women in higher education.
* Your Fellowship will normally be at lecturer level (exceptionally, at senior lecturer (Grade 9) (£52,560 - £59,135) where you have a strong track record in research leadership) for 5 years, with the expectation that you’ll meet our promotion criteria within that period and be transferred to senior lecturer (or, where you’ve been appointed as a senior lecturer, Reader) level.
Click here for full details