The Asia Chapter wishes ….
- To establish a sustainable network of active members of the Design Society that promotes Design Society activities in the Asian design community including academia and industry.
- To foster collaboration in design research, education and practices in Asia while connecting to the other active communities of Design Society.
- To construct design knowledge infrastructure to introduce and apply global design knowledge in Asia and to create and disseminate Asia-specific design knowledge.
- To develop strong connection between design research community with industry reflecting Asia-specific organizational and cultural aspects.
- To improve design education in Asia at all levels with enhancements in regional and global collaboration.
To continuously provide a forum for design research and education in Asia. The Asia Chapter will achieve this through diverse events and publications linking in with the aims and objectives of the Design Society as a whole.
- Cees de Bont, Hong Kong (Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
- Amaresh Chakrabarti, India (Indian Institute of Science)
- Yong Se Kim, Korea (Sungkyunkwan University) (Representative of the Chapter)
- Rungtai Lin, Taiwan (National Taiwan University of Arts)
- Koichi Ohtomi, Japan (Toshiba Corporation)
- Keiichi Sato, Asian researcher based in other region (Illinois Institute of Technology, USA)
- Kris Wood, Singapore (Singapore University of Technology and Design)