Design for Additive Manufacturing: Future Interactive Devices (DEFINED) workshop
The University of Malta is hosting an international workshop on Design for Additive Manufacturing: Future Interactive Devices (DEFINED), which is planned to be held in Valletta, Malta, between the 17th and 18th March 2022. This workshop is organised as part of the PRIME-VR2 project, aimed at developing innovative 3D-printed VR-based bespoke controllers and the supporting IT platform for rehabilitation purposes.
The workshop will consist of a number of round-table discussions on a number of themes and related areas:
- Principles to successfully Design, Fabricate and Test Future Interactive Devices
- Defining the Characteristics of Future Interactive Devices
- Capturing of User Data for Bespoke Additive Manufacturing
- Embedding Electronics in 3D Printed Products
- Computational Design Approaches for Additive Manufacturing
- High Quality Experiences of 3D Printed Interactive Devices: Users' Expectations and Evaluation
- Ergonomic Testing of hand-held Additive Manufacturing Products
- Customisation vs mass production - the challenges of commercialisation
A number of keynote speakers will cover topics related to DfAM, future interactive devices and their applications. Participants will have the opportunity to disseminate their research interests and network to potentially form consortia for Horizon Europe proposals. Furthermore, participants can showcase any working prototypes in a ‘marketplace’ session. The registration for this workshop is free of charge.
Further details are available at: https://www.um.edu.mt/events/defined2022