Fully funded PhD position, Dyson School of Design Engineering (London, UK)
Imperial College London
Location: London, UK
Role: PhD Candidacy
Closing Date: 08 January 2024
Expected Start Date: October 2024 (or mutually agreed upon)
PhD project: Codesign x Inclusivity - A Framework and Toolkit for Codesigning Gender-Inclusive Health Innovation
In the realm of healthcare technology, inclusivity often falls short, particularly concerning gender-specific needs. This project aims at empowering marginalised voices and bridge gender disparities pervasive in healthcare technology design. This project will develop and validate a framework and a practical toolkit for supporting diverse multidisciplinary teams in the codesign of gender-sensitive health innovation. The project will benefit from a collaboration with the ‘Women's Health’ Network of Excellence, a cross-departmental initiative at Imperial College London aiming at addressing gender disparities in health.
For this PhD project, we are seeking candidates with a background in Design Engineering / HCI or related fields, with strong skills in mixed methods research, codesign methods, and human-centered design principles.
Location: Imperial College London, Dyson School of Design Engineering, South Kensington campus, London, UK.
This PhD is funded by a PhD Scholarship from the Dyson School of Design Engineering at Imperial College London. The scholarship covers full tuition fees (for home and international students), alongside a bursary set at the annual UKRI rate, currently £20,622 per annum.
How to apply:
- Review the PhD project description page
- Check the entry requirements to ensure you meet the minimum entry criteria for this PhD (the successful candidate for this PhD will have a First Class (Distinction) Degree or equivalent at Masters level in a Design Engineering / HCI or related fields, and strong skills in mixed methods research, codesign methods, and human-centered design principles). More information on entry requirements here.
- Contact the PhD supervisor, Dr Celine Mougenot, if you have any questions.
- Make your official PhD application via Imperial College Application System. Make sure you state:
- The PhD topic: Codesign x Inclusivity - A Framework and Toolkit for Codesigning Gender-Inclusive Health Innovation
- Supervisor: Dr. Celine Mougenot
- Funding - how you are planning to fund your PhD: Design Engineering PhD Scholarship 16
and attach all necessary documents. Once submitted, you can monitor the status of your application in the portal.
If successful, your proposed supervisor will contact you to arrange an interview. Following the interview, the department will inform you whether they would like to offer you a PhD position.
Application deadline: Monday 8 January 2024
PhD starting date: October 2024 (or mutually agreed upon)