Join our welcoming International Design Community.
Complete this application form to join now.
Product design and development requires managing many types of uncertainty. Product design and development itself can even be seen as a risk management process that reduces uncertainty in a structured manner from a first product idea to a product in the market.
The Risk Management Processes and Methods in Design SIG (Risk SIG) studies design processes through the lens of risk management.
Our mission is to create a vibrant research community in the area of risk management for product development and design.
The following activities will enable us to achieve this mission:
- Provide a global forum for researchers in the field of design and risk management to openly share and develop research ideas
- Create visibility for an emerging research area
- Summarize the current state of knowledge as well as lay out future research directions through community-based processes
- Facilitate collaboration among researchers through joint publications of articles, special issues and books.
Jeffrey W. Herrmann (University of Maryland, SIG Chair)
Josef Oehmen (DTU, SIG Co-Chair)
- Periodic online meetings
- Regular email newsletter
- Workshops at ICED and DESIGN conferences