Join our welcoming International Design Community.
Complete this application form to join now.
Interest: Research, Management
The MMEP Special Interest Group aims to support industry in understanding, modelling and running design processes by bringing together a community of design researchers and interacting with industry by identifying research challenges in MMEP and working together to resolve them. The SIG investigates strategies, approaches, methods, and tools for modelling, building up, optimising and managing design processes of complex engineering products.
The SIG members work closely with industry and the SIG wants to respond to the challenges of industry in guiding the research of its members and support practitioners directly through access to workshops and design publications. The SIG’s role is being a facilitator for networking, for identifying research needs, for developing research ideas, and for exchanging and discussing research results, by incorporating researchers and practitioners.
The Modelling and Management of Engineering Processes (MMEP) SIG is interested in the role that product and process models can play in improving the performance of design processes of complex engineering products. It is interested in the use of product and process modelling as a means to support directing, controlling and managing engineering design processes.
Of interest are models generated specifically for process planning and management purposes as well as product models, such as functional models, that are used to make key decisions about the product or the process that is required to create the product. As many of these models are linked or interconnected, the SIG specifically addresses integrated product and process models. We are open to all modelling approaches and address how the structure of different modelling approaches affect the models generated and the actions carried out based on these models. The SIG works closely with industry and aims to address issues arising from industrial practice.
Dr.-Ing. Kilian Gericke; University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg (chair)
Prof. Dr. Claudia M. Eckert, Open University, UK (chair)
Prof. P. John Clarkson, University of Cambridge, UK
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. h.c. Sándor Vajna, Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg, Germany
Dr.-Ing. Peter Heisig, Univeristy of Leeds, UK
Prof. Felician Campean, University of Bradford, UK
Prof. Dr. Ola Isaksson, Chalmers University of Technology, GKN Aerospace Engine Systems, Sweden
Dr. David Wynn, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Dr. Maik Maurer, CTO Spritz, USA
Australia, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, USA
- Regular workshops addressing topics central to our field (process modelling, integrated models, fundamentals of process modeling, ...)
- Work on review papers
- Forum for PhD students in this field
- Active exchange between industrial and academic members
- Work on joint research project
- Joint workshops with industry dressing the grand visions of MMEP (see MMEP white paper)
- LinkedIn discussion group "MMEP"
- MMEP Workshops and conferences
Deliverables and benefits for our members:
- Networking (personal meetings, internships, etc.)
- Overview about ongoing research projects in our area
- Literature data-base providing an overview about most relevant literature in our area (using Mendeley)
- Visibility of your work in the right context
- Focussed feedback on your work
- Joint publications
- Joint research proposals
- Exchange between industry and academia
- workshops at ICED and DESIGN Conference
- MMEP workshops
Sep 21, 2016 - Sep 22, 2016
Oct 23, 2015 - Sep 23, 2015
May 18, 2015 - May 18, 2015