Why Join the Design Society?
Who are Design Society members?
The Design Society is a community dedicated to design and the study of design. By joining you become part of the community.
Membership is open to people with recognised qualifications and/or experience in the fields of design research, design practice, design management, and design education.
Access to Knowledge
- Unlimited access to more than 7000 research papers and more than 200 PhD theses
- Quarterly e-newsletter providing regular news on the activities of the Society and the Design Community
- Discounts on Summer Schools and Workshops
- Reduced personal subscriptions to key journals (for example AI EDAM – 20% off regular price, JoED 67% off regular subscription price)
Be part of a Community
- Enjoy member discounts at Design Society endorsed events such as Design, DSM, ICorD, E&PDE, ICDC, JCM.
- Enjoy member discounts at our International bi-annual flagship event – ICED.
- Access to online member directory - list of members and contact details
- Opportunity to shape the future of the Society. The Society is democratic and open to all disciplines; any member can become involved and contribute
- Option to join a Special Interest Group that links to your interest area
Develop your Career
- Design Science Journal - $1000 reduction in Article Publishing Charge for DS members
- Free job advertisements for DS members – saving you over £100 per job advert
- Young Member events
19th international DSM Conference DSM 2017
Paper Submission Deadline
19th International Conference on Engineering & Product Design Education, E&PDE 2017, Oslo, Norway, 7th - 8th September 2017
Notification of accepted papers
ICED17 The 21st International Conference on Engineering Design, 21-25th August 2017
Camera-ready paper deadline
Became our fan on our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter to get latest updates on what's happening at Design Society or view our profile on LinkedIn.