Join our welcoming International Design Community.
Complete this application form to join now.
The DesignCPS-SIG (Methodology for Design, Integration, Modeling and Simulation of Cyber Physical Systems) aims to initiate a research roadmap for the development of methods, tools and methodologies for designing Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) through addressing the following objectives:
• Performance of CPSs (Multivariable key performance indicators, Methods for cross-domain aggregation for performance evaluation)
• Methods and tools supporting CPS-Design
• Model-based Systems Engineering for CPS
• Integration of the cyber and the physical sub-systems
• Cyber-physical robustness
• Information and knowledge flow during CPS-design processes
• Modeling engineering change propagation and functional couplings in CPSs
• Description and modeling languages for all design phases of CPS
• Closing the gap between scientific approaches and industrial practice
• CPS design case studies
The SIG plans to hold special sessions at relevant design-oriented conferences and to organize research roadmap workshops. Moreover the SIG tries to achieve the continuity of these topics and their participants as well as to enable teamwork of the SIG members and common publications.
A cyber-physical system is a system of collaborating computational elements controlling physical entities. These systems can be found in areas such as aerospace, automotive, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, entertainment, and consumer appliances. Examples of cyber physical systems can be for example embedded systems, mechatronic systems and networked mechatronic systems.
Design of CPSs involves close examination and further development of design methods, design processes, models and tools. The current trend in mechatronics involves networked mechatronic systems, or cyber physical systems (CPS). Therefore product lifecycle management and product data exchange play an important role in CPS design. In order to push the performance of CPS and the related design process, it is necessary to increase the research on system modeling, thus significantly improving the system view.
The key objectives for the first two year period are:
1. To propose and debate Design of CPS
2. To define a research roadmap
3. To develop a draft for the definition a Framework based on Models/Methods/Processes/Tools
The first action point would be a Kick-off Workshop at ICED15 which should result in a common understanding of the objectives of the SIG, the founding members list, definition of further activities.
• Dr. Peter Hehenberger, University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Austria [Chair]
• Prof. Benoit Eynard, Université de Technologie de Compiègne (UTC), France [Chair]
• Prof. Tetsuo Tomiyama, Cranfield University, UK
• Prof. Xiu Yan, University of Strathclyde, UK
• Dr. Marija Jankovic, Ecole Centrale Paris, France
• Prof. Sofiane Achiche, Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada
• Dr. Thomas J. Howard, Technical University of Denmark
• Prof. Klaus-Dieter Thoben, University of Bremen, Germany
May 18, 2016 - May 18, 2016
Jan 29, 2016 - Jan 29, 2016
Jul 27, 2015 - Jul 27, 2015