Risk Management Processes and Methods in Design
Product design and development requires managing many types of uncertainty. Product design and development itself can even be seen as a risk management process that reduces uncertainty in a structured manner from a first product idea to a product in the market.
The Risk Management Processes and Methods in Design SIG (Risk SIG) studies design processes through the lens of risk management.
Our mission is to create a vibrant research community in the area of risk management for product development and design.
The following activities will enable us to achieve this mission:
- Provide a global forum for researchers in the field of design and risk management to openly share and develop research ideas
- Create visibility for an emerging research area
- Summarize the current state of knowledge as well as lay out future research directions through community-based processes
- Facilitate collaboration among researchers through joint publications of articles, special issues and books.
Jeffrey W. Herrmann (University of Maryland, SIG Chair)
Josef Oehmen (DTU, SIG Co-Chair)
Type of events
- Periodic online meetings
- Regular email newsletter
- Workshops at ICED and DESIGN conferences