The future of design cognition analysis
Design cognition analysis provides a basis for cognitive models and theories of design activity and is central to advancing scientific knowledge about designing. However, there remains a lack of clarity regarding the kinds of analytical approaches that can generate scientifically robust knowledge about the cognitive basis of design. This thematic collection seeks to examine new approaches to design cognition analysis, as well as identify future directions for design research in this area.
• identification of scientifically robust analysis/ measures of design cognition
• use of qualitative and quantitative analysis to characterise cognitive processes in design
• issues affecting the validity and reliability of design cognition analysis
• appropriate use of statistical approaches in design cognition analysis
• theoretical interpretation of design cognition analyses
For additional topics and other questions please contact
the Guest Editors.
University of Strathclyde
Technical University of Denmark
Iowa State University