Senior Lecturer in Strategic Sustainable Development
Blekinge University of Technology, TISU
Location: Karlskrona, Sweden
Role: Senior Lecturer
Start Date and Salary: To Be agreed upon
Employment Level: 100%
Application Closing Date: 05 March 2023
The Department of Strategic Sustainable Development (TISU) is looking for a new Senior Lecturer in Strategic Sustainable Development with a focus on Social Sustainability within Product and Organisational Development. TISU works with research, education and collaboration with a focus on methodological support for organizations that want to work strategically with sustainability, i.e., who want to contribute to society's transition to sustainability in ways that strengthen their organization.
The position includes research and educational work in the area of strategic sustainable development specializing in social sustainability within product- and organizational development. This includes, e.g., design and management of research projects, active participation in research projects, supervision of PhD students, collaboration with external partners, publication of results in scientific forums, and seeking funding. The research takes place in close collaboration with external partners and applies a systemic, systematic and strategic approach to sustainability transitions and product- and organizational development. The teaching may include lectures, exercises, supervision of group work and degree projects, personal coaching, facilitation of dialogue and reflection, course and program development, examination, and development or refinement of learning materials. The proportions between the various tasks may vary.
The Higher Education Ordinance (HF Chap. 4, § 4) states that: Eligible to be employed as a senior lecturer, except in disciplines in the fine, applied and performing arts, is a person who has:
- Been awarded a doctoral degree or has equivalent scientific competence or other professional skills that are of significance regarding the subject content of the employment and the work tasks it will involve.
- Demonstrate pedagogical skills.
Eligibility requirements and assessment criteria are described in detail in the “Guidelines for employment of teachers and appointment to the docent,” available at www.bth.se/eng/aboutbth/vacancies-at-bth/#section-instructions-to-applicants.
Meriting skills and experience
In addition to the requirements described in the position description and eligibility requirements, the following degrees, skills and experiences are considered meriting:
- Doctoral degree in strategic sustainable development or equivalent, specializing in social sustainability within sustainable product development.
- Documented experience in seeking funding in areas relevant to the position.
- Documented teaching experience in social sustainability within the product and organizational development.
- Documented collaboration experience with industry and society partners in areas relevant to the position.
- Documented experience of work in transdisciplinary teams.
- Very good proficiency in oral and written English and basic proficiency in oral and written Swedish.
Full details and information can be found here.